RE: Does standardisation assume interoperability?

Thanks for your input Giancarlo and Laufer. Is it fair to summarise as follows:

Two datasets are interoperable if:

a.       They are modelled according to the same standard.

b.      They are modelled according to standards that are interoperable

c.       They are modelled according to the same formal representation (not necessarily standardised)

(b) corresponds to a case where we know how the meaning of the elements in each standard relate to the elements in the other standard.
(c) corresponds to the case where you have used a reference ontology to facilitate the interoperability of ECG data.

Deirdre Lee
Research Associate
eGovernment Domain (DEG)
Insight-NUIG