RE: dwbp-ISSUE-40: Review R-Citable as a requirement for Data Usage

From: Lee, Deirdre <Deirdre.Lee@deri.org>
Date: Tue, 5 Aug 2014 08:17:53 +0000
To: Makx Dekkers <mail@makxdekkers.com>, "public-dwbp-wg@w3.org" <public-dwbp-wg@w3.org>
A URI should be sufficient, if the data is described with metadata. Unless there was a case where an author wanted to cite not only the data source, but also how they used the data? But this is probably outside of our scope.

In any case I agree we make R-Citable a general requirement, as opposed to a data usage requirement. Best practice around how this requirement is implemented can be discussed by Best Practice group.