Re: Data Quality Vocabulary - Expected Data types

From: Antoine Isaac <aisaac@few.vu.nl>
Date: Sun, 6 Mar 2016 22:28:54 +0100
To: "Bailer, Werner" <werner.bailer@joanneum.at>, "Debattista, Jeremy" <Jeremy.Debattista@iais.fraunhofer.de>
CC: "public-dwbp-comments@w3.org" <public-dwbp-comments@w3.org>, "Russegger, Silvia" <silvia.russegger@joanneum.at>, "Orgel, Thomas" <Thomas.Orgel@joanneum.at>, "Höffernig, Martin" <Martin.Hoeffernig@joanneum.at>, "Ehgarter, Stephan" <Stephan.Ehgarter@joanneum.at>
Dear Werner,

This time about
https://www.w3.org/2013/dwbp/track/issues/224

The current DQV spec for the element dqv:expectedDataType is wxsd:anySimpleType as range:
http://w3c.github.io/dwbp/vocab-dqg.html#dqv:Metric

In our earlier discussion Jeremy had asked:

>> c. daq:expectedDataType
>>
>> This property from DAQ is defined to have range xsd:anySimpleType. While it seems useful to define the expected data type for a metric, a simple type may too narrow: in many cases a metric will be determined on a data record or a subgraph.
>
> It will be taken into consideration - although I’m not sure it works well with data cube. Please can you provide us (or me) with an example where a quality metric returns a data record or sub graph?

I think I would have to re-iterate this question. It seems that your original wording refers to case where a metric is based on data records or subgraphs as input.
But dqv:expectedDataType is for the expected datatype for the output of the metric. Have you got examples where the output would be a record?
(especially considering that as per our proposal for Issue 222 [1] we would keep to 'atomic/simple' metrics)

Thanks for your feedback,

Antoine

[1] https://www.w3.org/2013/dwbp/track/issues/222