Re: Subsetting data

Annette,

I could see parallels to your use case in the parallel computational
chemistry/ biomolecular/molecular dynamics simulation arena (NWChem and
GEMS) where a researcher is interested in the behavior of a particular
substance in for example an aqueous solution.  The subset is only the
substance over a specified time range and could conceivably be extracted by
an API, although I am not confident of an off the shelf query solution
exists for these types of datasets.  From a DCAT perspective the data
subset is an extraction of data from multiple distributions contained
within the dataset.

When I wrote the subset I was thinking about the data publisher who falls
outside an off the shelf query solution who still regards this extracted
subset as a part of the original dataset.

Eric S.