RE: Subsetting data

> to be persistent, identifiers should not include queries against a specific API or query endpoint.

For sure. I didn't say anything about the form of the query. It may not even look like a query. Opensearch is an obvious model for implementation-independent syntax (after all it's just key-value pairs).

However, I do think it is worth keeping the notion of subset=query result in view. Sure, some query results may be more persistent and therefore worthy of denotation with a special identifier. But the same subset will also be the result of some query anyway. That's just an example of non-unique identifiers.

Simon J D Cox

Research Scientist

Environmental Information Infrastructures

Land and Water

CSIRO

E simon.cox@csiro.au T +61 3 9545 2365 M +61 403 302 672

   Physical: Reception Central, Bayview Avenue, Clayton, Vic 3168

   Deliveries: Gate 3, Normanby Road, Clayton, Vic 3168

   Postal: Private Bag 10, Clayton South, Vic 3169

people.csiro.au/Simon-Cox

orcid.org/0000-0002-3884-3420

researchgate.net/profile/Simon_Cox3