Re: [i18n review comment] BP3 should recommend locale-neutral representation #187

Thanks again Addison,

Pls see below.

On 22/08/2016 18:36, Phillips, Addison wrote:
> Hi Phil,
>
> This looks good. A few comments.
>
> 1. Rather than providing your own definition for 'locale', you might make use of the one we provide in LTLI [1].

Done
http://w3c.github.io/dwbp/bp.html#locale_parameter

> 2. The "why" is still missing something. I would suggest adding a new first paragraph explaining locale-neutral first. Something like:
>
> --
> Data values that are machine-readable and not specific to any particular language or culture are more durable and less open to misinterpretation than values that use one of the many different cultural representations. By using a locale-neutral format, systems avoid the need to establish specific interchange rules that vary according to the language or location of the user.
>
> When the data is already in a locale-specific format, providing locale parameters... <rest of existing text>

Done, exactly as you suggest
http://w3c.github.io/dwbp/bp.html#LocaleParametersMetadata

With luck... the doc gets a green light from you?

Thanks again

Phil.

--

Phil Archer