Licence vs. license

From: Lewis S Robinson <lewis.s.robinson@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2016 22:44:36 +0100

it may, or may not be the case that the English have played a language game
on Americans, you have not noticed, and it has led to a great deal of
confusion.

Kindly consider the definitions  that pop up on google.uk when the
following URIs are entered
--
https://www.google.co.uk/#q=licence
--

You see, in my humble opinion, and as far as I can understand, there is a
fundamental and pivotal difference between someone who grants a licence,

Lewis.