Re: Taxonomy of legal bases

Hi All,

In terms of legal definition and the point of creating a consent record with this specification, I believe consent is loosely defined on purpose, and agree with Rigo interpretation.

I believe, that the GDPR has inadvertently made consent confusing, by trying to leave room for regulatory development on this topic.  The spirit of this legislation is intended to leave room for the reasonable expectation of privacy, and a reasonable/proportionate provision of implicit consent.

To address this issue, if an organisation creates a consent record, and provides a privacy/notice receipt for this record, then consent can then be shown to be compliant.

For the contexts of explicit consent for special categories of data, a consent receipt, which is signed and incorporates a privacy notice in the record, would suffice to provide a record that can be show to be compliant.

In this regard, my recommendation is to use implicit and explicit consent types/definitions for DPV, and to only use explicit consent for the GDPR receipt specification.   ( Note: I will dig out the EU legal discourse on explicit and implicit consent for legal reference for the taxonomy.  )

In this way, this work and the simple demarcation of two types of consent classification should address all the issues discussed here.

Best Regards,

Mark