Re: Taxonomy of legal 6bases

The publications office has a way to refer to specific subparts of the
document. I'll share the method for this later.
Currently, their implementation does not resolve the IRI to that
specific part, but only to the document.
So we should adopt their suggested approach.

On 04/04/19 8:33 AM, Rigo Wenning wrote:
> On Mittwoch, 3. April 2019 17:00:12 CEST Harshvardhan J. Pandit wrote:
>> I agree that legal references follow the particular format (based on
>> Article-Para...), however my argument was for a more "human-readable" or
>> "layman-friendly" name such as consent or legitimate interest with a
>> reference to its 'source' or 'definition' provided by the
>> Article-Para... reference.
>
> You can do that additionally. But please please also provide a URI for the
> legal text you cite. Note that there is a protocol for doing so IMHO within
> the ECLI/ELI - system
>
> GDPR has ELI
> http://data.europa.eu/eli/reg/2016/679/oj
>
> Note that the ELI system has not yet designed fragment identifiers that would
> allow to reference a part of an article and paragraph.
>
> We could invent one and just ask the publications office and the ELI WG how
> they imagine doing it.
>
> In our case, referring to could would say:
>
> http://data.europa.eu/eli/reg/2016/679/oj#9-1-h
>
>   --Rigo

Harshvardhan J. Pandit
PhD Researcher