Re: ISSUE-7: Are the legal grounds except consent and legitimate interest actualy purposes?

On Monday, December 17, 2018 4:48:08 PM CET Bert Bos wrote:
> I remember from the workshop in Vienna earlier this year that referring to
> laws by URI was mentioned as a problem. There is apparently no unique way.
>
> On the other hand, lawyers obviously do reference laws in their texts, via
> some combination of the law's (abbreviated) name, a year, an article number
> and a clause, whichever are relevant:  "Art. 461 Wetb. v. Strafr.", "Code du
> travail, art. L.2312-5". So, until there is a standard, a free-form text
> string may be the only option.

At least in the EU, there is the option of a so called ELI, the European
Legislation Identifier. ELI uses URI Templates (RFC 6570) [3] that carry
semantics both from a legal and an end-user point of view.
https://eur-lex.europa.eu/eli-register/about.html gives useful links to latest
sources of information and EC decisions.

There is also the Europena Court case Legal Identifier called ECLI:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/European_Case_Law_Identifier

As said, with the concept in DPVCG, we integrate well into the overall EC
landscape. But I don't know how this works in the US or in Japan.

 --Rigo