Re: ISSUE-8: How do we describe unions and intersections of purposes, how doe we describe any vs some “sub”purpose

Currently we are using the union and intersection operators of OWL
(ObjectUnionOf and ObjectIntersectionOf).

they are proving to be useful also for the other policy properties: data
categories (e.g. Demographic *and* PII, or Location *and* Anonymous),
processing, storage and recipients.

The hierarchical organization of classes automatically caters for "all
sub-purposes of..." statements (a purpose includes automatically all of
its sub-purposes).  In order to select a list of subpurposes we simply
take their union.  So far this approach has not shown any drawbacks in
our use cases.

Piero