Re: Data Purposes

Hi Mark, thanks for the pointer towards SIC.
 From SIC, I found NAICS (US) which replaces SIC, NACE (EU), and ISIC (UN).
NACE and ISIC have the same broad categorisation (see below), but I
think these are more suitable for categorisation of services/data
controllers rather than the purpose itself.
I would envision purposes as being related more towards provision of
service, security, enabling features, and so on. These come from some
reading of privacy policies I did.
I would propose collecting these terms and starting our base ontology
using them.

Regards,
Harsh

Broad Structure in NACE & ISIC
A. Agriculture, forestry and fishing
B. Mining and quarrying
C. Manufacturing
D. Electricity, gas, steam and air conditioning supply
E. Water supply; sewerage, waste management and remediation activities
F. Construction
G. Wholesale and retail trade; repair of motor vehicles and motorcycles
H. Transportation and storage
I. Accommodation and food service activities
J. Information and communication
K. Financial and insurance activities
L. Real estate activities
M. Professional, scientific and technical activities
N. Administrative and support service activities
O. Public administration and defence; compulsory social security
P. Education
Q. Human health and social work activities
R. Arts, entertainment and recreation
S. Other service activities
T. Activities of households as employers; undifferentiated goods- and
services-producing activities of households for own use
U. Activities of extraterritorial organizations and bodies

# Further notes

NAICS
-----
replaces SIC
https://www.census.gov/eos/www/naics/2017NAICS/2017_NAICS_Manual.pdf
Example
* Advertising
	* Sector 54: Professional, scientific and technical activities
	* 541 Professional, Scientific, and Technical Services
	* 5418 Advertising, Public Relations, and Related Services
	* 541860 Direct Mail Advertising

### NACE
https://ec.europa.eu/eurostat/ramon/nomenclatures/index.cfm?TargetUrl=LST_NOM_DTL&StrNom=NACE_REV2&StrLanguageCode=EN
Example
* Advertising
	* M Professional, scientific and technical activities
	* M73 - Advertising and market research
	* M73.1 - Advertising
	* M73.1.1 - Advertising agencies

### ISIC
https://unstats.un.org/unsd/publication/SeriesM/seriesm_4rev4e.pdf
See Chapter II
Example
* Advertising
	* 731 / 7310
	* Division 73 Advertising and Market Research
	* Section M Professional, scientific and technical activities