Re: ARIA Digital Publishing AAPI mappings

Hey Rich.

Regarding this:

On 08/11/2016 12:24 PM, Richard Schwerdtfeger wrote:
> I notice we have some mappings of list item but nothing in the mappings
> refers to a list. The problem is that if the author does not actually
> put those roles in a list then we could have a problem.

I agree regarding authoring error. But the DPub ARIA spec (as opposed to
the DPub Mapping spec), does address the two I'm aware of. In particular:

https://rawgit.com/w3c/aria/master/aria/dpub.html#doc-biblioentry has:

   Authors MUST ensure that elements with role doc-biblioentry are
   contained in, or owned, by an element with the role list.

https://rawgit.com/w3c/aria/master/aria/dpub.html#doc-endnote has:

   Authors MUST ensure that elements with role doc-endnote are
   contained in, or owned, by an element with the role list.

As a general rule I don't believe we've stated what corrective measures
user agents are expected to take when the author fails to follow the
requirements of the spec.

--joanie