From: Richard Schwerdtfeger [mailto:schwer@us.ibm.com]
Sent: Thursday, November 05, 2015 12:13 PM
To: Deborah Kaplan
Cc: Steve Faulkner; DPUB-ARIA; WAI Protocols & Formats
Subject: Re: Proposal: remove aria-describedat from the ARIA 1.1 specification

Deborah,

That was not clear to people in the dub discussions we had at TPAC. aria-describedat does not solve that either.

So you want a description AND an extended description. ... or is it that you want to have a description that can reside at a different location than what is in the page?

Rich

Rich Schwerdtfeger

[Inactive hide details for Deborah Kaplan ---11/05/2015 11:04:54 AM---What the digital publishing industry was requesting in thi]Deborah Kaplan ---11/05/2015 11:04:54 AM---What the digital publishing industry was requesting in this particular case was a single mechanism f