From: Michiel Bijl <michiel@agosto.nl>
To: Richard Schwerdtfeger/Austin/IBM@IBMUS
Cc: WAI Protocols & Formats <public-pfwg@w3.org>, "DPUB-ARIA
            (public-dpub-aria@w3.org)" <public-dpub-aria@w3.org>
Date: 11/05/2015 09:53 AM
Subject: Re: Proposal: remove aria-describedat from the ARIA 1.1
            specification

+1

What sort of media query would have to be added? Do you mean a pseudo class
like :expanded/:collapsed (or :open/:closed) on details?

—Michiel

      On 05 Nov 2015, at 16:41, Richard Schwerdtfeger <schwer@us.ibm.com>
      wrote:

      After discussions with Microsoft and following the bug tracker for
      Firefox it appears that <details>/<summary> is going to be
      implemented at some point in both Edge and Firefox. This addresses
      the gaps in browser support. A media query will need to be created at
      some point to handle the showing/hiding of this element, and I see
      those discussions are happening, but I believe this addresses the
      requirements of the digital publishing industry.

      Since this requirement is being met I would like to propose the
      removal of aria-describedat from the ARIA 1.1 specification at the
      next ARIA Working Group meeting. Are there any objections? Do you
      agree?

      We can vote on the next ARIA WG call but I wanted to give people a
      heads up.

      Rich

      Rich Schwerdtfeger