From: Avneesh Singh
Sent: Tuesday, February 21, 2017 12:34
To: George Kerscher ; 'Ivan Herman'
Cc: 'Deborah Kaplan' ; public-dpub-accessibility@w3.org
Subject: Re: draft text for charter

Dear accessibility group,

After our call yesterday, George has merged the old accessibility text that
was proposed by Matt with the new text added by Ivan in the branch.
I will also like to mention that in the branch created by Ivan, the
accessibility text is placed at more than one places. The first paragraph
was placed by Ivan in the scope statement, and other part was placed at the
places where the charter talked about coordination with ARIA and WCAG.
We are fine with this split, and the new text snippet is the rewrite of only
the scope statements.

New text for scope statement:
The Working Group will incorporate accessibility considerations into the
Working Group's deliverables. Recommendation-track deliverables  will
contain mechanisms to make Web Publications accessible to a broad range of
readers with different needs and capabilities. This includes general WCAG
and WAI requirements of the W3C; additional extended requirements will be
identified as conformance requirements in the Working Group’s normative
specifications. Profiles of Web Publications may be defined with more
stringent accessibility requirements.

And following is the text in coordination section:
The Digital Publishing Working Group will coordinate with the WCAG Working
Group to integrate accessibility requirements created as part of its
recommendation-track deliverables into generalized technology. One or more
pipeline of the requirements will be maintained to manage diverse turnaround
times of the W3C groups.

With regards
Avneesh