Re: [dpub][a11y] Minutes 20160422

Comment on the comment on my comments:-):

[[[
Misunderstandable remark on gap #29

section 2.7 says

"The Gap: Current W3C WAI Specifications and Guidelines have poor implementation, probably due to lack of authoring tools, reading system support, and implementation guidance."

This is a general statement which may not be justified. It should specifically say which part of the guidelines (I suspect related to phonetic spelling) have a poor implementation.

Jean: didn't we go out of out way to let them deal with this?

George: we are not aware of implentations, w3c process requires 2 implementations, but we don't know of any

Deborah: this TF are unaware of the implementations

George: we do have 2 but are not in main stream publishing… but that is DAISY implementations… although now that ePub we may have it but whats the point we need to make here? we are not aware of comment implementations.

Deborah: sure thats right

Charles: will add we are not aware of any well known implementations within the publishing community.
]]]

My remark was a bit different. The statement says "Current W3C WAI Specifications and Guidelines have poor implementation" which reads, mainly when taken out of context, as a statement on the guidelines in general. The section is on phonetic spelling, ie, on a subset. Ie, the statement should say something like "Current W3C WAI Specifications and Guidelines have poor implementation with regards to phonetic spelling". That is all…

Ivan

> On 22 Apr 2016, at 20:23, Charles LaPierre <charlesl@benetech.org> wrote:
>
> Hello everyone
> Here are the minutes from today’s accessibility Task Force call
>
> http://www.w3.org/2016/04/22-DPUB-minutes.html <http://www.w3.org/2016/04/22-DPUB-minutes.html>
>

> Charles LaPierre
> Technical Lead, DIAGRAM and Born Accessible
> charlesl@benetech.org <mailto:charlesl@benetech.org>

----
Ivan Herman, W3C
Digital Publishing Lead