Re: Minutes from DPUB A11Y TF Meeting 8 May 2015

> On 08 May 2015, at 19:03 , Deborah Kaplan <dkaplan@safaribooksonline.com> wrote:
>
> These meetings are manual, because I had a Zakim failure. Apologies,
> everyone. (Ivan, is it possible to retroactively make them formal
> minutes on the website?)

I am not sure what you mean. I can certainly link this mail to the wiki page to make it official. But… did one of you use IRC? If you did and that person has the textual IRC log available, I can try to run that through the usual minute generating script. It is not sure to succeed, because the irc logs' formats are wildly different from one client to the other, and the script may not recognize that particular format, but it may be worth a try.

Ivan

> Attendees:
>
> Present: Tzviya, Deborah, Mia
> Chair: Deborah
> Scribe: Tzviya
>
> We talked primarily about how we would like to manage the meeting with
> BISG in 2 1/2 weeks.
>
> Concerns:
>
> publishers are not currently creating accessible content
>
> We need to focus on what the DPUB accessibility task force and the BISG
> group can jointly change. No point in being sad over things we don't
> control.
>
> What service can A11y TF provide?
>
> When BISG sees gaps in publisher knowledge, they can contact A11y TF to point out where W3C info is failing.
>
> This means we need to provide examples of knowledge gaps.
> Mia will provide example from UAAG, Tzviya from ATAG
> We are choosing these sources because we want to remind people to think
> about those -- it's really where the biggest knowledge gaps live.
>
> ask BISG people to go back and think of examples of what publishers don't know
>
> Here's a useful link about the DOM and the a11y tree: http://www.smashingmagazine.com/2015/03/16/web-accessibility-with-accessibility-api/
>

> our goal is that everyone who leaves that meeting has a specific task
> and they know what it is.

----
Ivan Herman, W3C
Digital Publishing Activity Lead