W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-dntrack@w3.org > October 2011

welcome/housekeeping

From: Lee Tien <tien@eff.org>
Date: Sat, 29 Oct 2011 16:34:43 -0700
Message-Id: <857457CF-C267-40C0-A0BB-B18B7980CD13@eff.org>
To: public-dntrack@w3.org
Greetings.

If you're reading this, you're a member of the Do-Not-Track Community  
Group public mailing list (note that the group actually has 4  
different lists).

This CG, of course, is adjunct to the actual Tracking Protection  
Working Group (TPWG).

I'm in the process of informing others who have expressed interest in  
participating.

There will be a little bit more housekeeping necessary to really get  
the group and mailing list going, but for now I wanted to make sure  
everyone knows about the two "strawman" documents that are currently  
being discussed by the TPWG (second in-person meeting on Monday in  
Santa Clara).

These documents were constructed by TPWG editors, and URLs are provided.

1)  On October 28, 2011 2:58:33 AM PDT, Roy T. Fielding wrote:

> I have made some final edits and frozen a version of the
> Tracking Preferences Expression (DNT) spec for review prior
> to the meeting on Monday-Tuesday.
>
> http://www.w3.org/2011/tracking-protection/drafts/tracking-dnt-20111028.html
>
> Please try to keep in mind, when reviewing, that the goal of FPWG
> is just to decide that the working group wants to make the draft  
> public.
> It is not supposed to be finished, by a long shot.  It is mostly
> just a check for document scope (i.e., is this what we want to work
> on in the future?) and to ensure that the editor hasn't gone nuts
> (i.e., made nasty remarks about someone or some company in the draft).
> In fact, the primary reason for FPWG is to give WG participants an
> initial scope in which to check for patents that have to be declared
> as applicable, which shouldn't be an issue for this WG.
>
> With that in mind, focus on identifying parts of the document that
> (for some reason I can't fathom at the moment) you don't want the
> W3C to publish even though it's just in draft form.
>
> Please feel free to send comments to the mailing list before the
> meeting, particularly if they include suggestions for text.
>
> Since the IETF deadlines are also Monday, I probably won't be able
> to work on the editor's draft again until then.
>
>
> Cheers,
>
> Roy T. Fielding                     <http://roy.gbiv.com/>
> Principal Scientist, Adobe Systems  <http://adobe.com/enterprise>

2)  On October 28, 2011 6:53:01 PM PDT, Heather West wrote:

> ... can be found here: http://www.w3.org/2011/tracking-protection/drafts/tracking-compliance.html
>
> Looking forward to discussing at the meeting Monday!
>
> Thanks - Heather, Erica, Sean, and Justin
>
> -- 
>
> Heather West | Google Policy | heatherwest@google.com | 202-643-6381

More later,
Lee



-- 
Lee Tien
Senior Staff Attorney
Electronic Frontier Foundation
454 Shotwell Street
San Francisco, CA  94110
(415) 436-9333 x 102 (tel)
(415) 436-9993 (fax)
tien@eff.org
Received on Sunday, 30 October 2011 00:10:12 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Sunday, 30 October 2011 00:10:12 GMT