Re: LC-1565 Use of escape characters in XPath expressions

Dear Rhys,

Ok let's try to argument

XPath 1.0 has never been targeted to be used ONLY inside XML dialects,
and it has been a good idea, since XQuery IS NOT an XML dialect

I think that for keeping broader audience for specification,
unnecessary limitation should be dropped, especially for an extension
of XPath

So examples should be given, without escaping

I imagine a simple note at the bottom of the specification, which
should mention, that "for using it inside an XML dialect such that
XHTML, it should be escaped" could be sufficient

Regards

Mohamed

--
Innovimax SARL