Re: Gilman-9

From: Al Gilman <Alfred.S.Gilman@IEEE.org>
Date: Tue, 7 Nov 2006 23:36:16 -0500
To: public-diselect-editors@w3.org

I don't understand the rationale offered.

Arbitrarily forcing the result of an 'expr' evaluation to 'true'
can't result in ill-formed XML if
the source was well-formed XML and conforms to the specification for
the module.

Getting garbage when a program runs amok is always possible, and
should be handled
as error control outside the scope of the DISelect module or its host
language.  This
is in the OS, if I understand things right.

[reaction to the disposition of this comment: puzzlement.]