Re: McCathieNevile-6

From: Charles McCathieNevile <chaals@opera.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2006 13:13:05 +0200
To: "Rhys.Lewis@volantis.com" <Rhys.Lewis@volantis.com>
Cc: "public-diselect-editors@w3.org" <public-diselect-editors@w3.org>

On Tue, 12 Sep 2006 08:12:01 +0200, Rhys Lewis <Rhys.Lewis@volantis.com>
wrote:

> The presence of the links seems to be a function of the W3C document
> preparation mechanism. I should just clarify that we use XMLSpec and
> generate various forms of the document using the supplied XSL style
> sheets. All processing related to TOC generation, extra links etc. is
> automated and out of our hands.

This is not true. You generate a specific HTML document, but there is
nothing at all that prevents you from further editing that document.

> So, I think that your comment actually needs to be directed at the
> preparation mechanism rather than the DISelect specification, since it
> affects other specifications prepared the same way too.

I will also make the selectionto spec-prod. But I do not think an
acceptable answer to a spec problem is to blame the tools you chose to use.

> Can I suggest that you raise this with the team if you feel strongly
> about this?

Sure. However, let the record note that I am still unsatisfied with this
respose.

cheers

Chaals

chaals@opera.com          Try Opera 9 now! http://opera.com