Froumentin-1

From: Rhys Lewis <rhys.lewis@volantis.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2005 09:55:15 +0100
To: <public-diselect-editors@w3.org>

Max,

Thanks very much for the clarification in
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-diselect-editors/2005AprJun/0007.html

This makes a huge difference to us and enables us to agree with your proposal. I have posted this in a new thread so that we can track future discussion of this particular item.

The use of namespaces for XPath functions is something that we had wanted to do, but we had associated it with having to have XPath 2 as a prerequisite.

Thanks for pointing out that this is possible with XPath 1.

We intend to implement the use of namespaces with the XPath functions that we define.

We'll respond again when we have definitive wording for the document.

Best wishes

Rhys