Re: changing name , asap please?

On 23/06/2007, at 15:44, paola.dimaio@gmail.com wrote:

> we seem in agreement that we should change the name from disaster
> management to something else
> while a plethora of better option is before us, for brevity and a
> quick decision, can we go for
>
> 1 emergency management , or
> 2. global risk management
>
> I am not comfortable pointing the page with an odd sounding name,
> and some opportunties to link up with
> other efforts are materializing we need to be able to move fast
>
> thoughts?

Well - global risk management is not an option as it is far broader
than what I believe we are talking about. We are talking about the
management of a particular set of community risks.

Given that when you mention emergency management to some people they
think you are talking about hospitals and emergency departments, I
would strongly suggest that we stick with disaster management. They
are still the best two words I've found for communicating to people
what I do for a living. Emergency management is fine for those in the
know.

So my vote would be for the status quo.

Cheers Gav