Re: automagic notifications and coordination...

Hi William,

I didn't imply that this necessarily required a connection to the
outside world, it could be a standalone Sahana server that maintains
radio call signs and satellite phone numbers (in addition to normal
communication methods) to be used when traditional communications
infrastructure fails, and provides a manual list with tickboxes to be
checked off after each sat/radio call is made. Or we may be able to
use packet radio...

There are many different types of events, and they all have different
impacts on infrastructure (e.g. a pandemic the communications
infrastructure will still work, it just may suffer heavier than
normal loading). Just because communications channels are
unavailable, it doesn't mean that you should stop maintaining
communications directories - in fact when you have flakey
communications, a good and up-to-date directory with a variety of
channels identified is critical.

Sahana is being designed to handle all these circumstances, and works
happily as a self contained server - independently of communications.

Cheers Gav