Re: Outcomes of the XG

Hi Chamindra
thanks for the positive comments

I posted those entries, they are intended indeed as generic mission
statements and to set the context of our work

The purpose of interoperability is to optimize the operational environment
and its 'real world' usage (benefits for the users) - The technology that we
build is a means to an end, and what this effort aims to accomplish is a
functional goal beyond the technology itself

Lack of interoperability and transparency of operations are not strictly
technical problems, although here  we propose to tackle inititally the most
basic technical issues, like vocab and data exchange,but we should try to
keep clear  why is it that we are doing this

As you seem to agree in principle,  maybe you could find a more succint way
of conveying the message perhaps and feel free to remodel those sentences
accordingly?

Also, I take the opportunity to share a working paper  made avaialble to us
by Duane Nickull
to be linked on the wiki also at the first opportunity

http://base.google.com/base/a/1152389/D10532900794507672289
cheers

PDM

--