Disaster Management Ontology / Interop BOF @ ISCRAM

From: Chamindra de Silva <chamindra@opensource.lk>
Date: Tue, 15 May 2007 14:58:00 +0200
To: ralph.morelli@trincoll.edu, Megan McDonnell <Megan.McDonnell@icrinc.com>, Suha Ulgen <ulgen@un.org>, Alex Smirnov <smir@iias.spb.su>, R Kemp <rbkemp@u.washington.edu>, Ronja Addams-Moring <ronja@iki.fi>, Paola Dimaio <paola.dimaio@gmail.com>, Rennto Iannell <"renato"@nicta.com.au>, W3C Disaster Management Ontology List <public-disaster-management-ont@w3.org>, Ioannis Dokas <jolokas@gmail.com>
CC: Ivan Herman <ivan@w3.org>, Olle Olsson <olleo@sics.se>, Tim Berners-Lee <timbl@w3.org>

Hi all,

Thanks for attending the Disaster Management Ontology/Interop BoF
yesterday evening after ISCRAM. It was great to see the collective
experience we had in this group to put to task on this effort. As
discussed here is a link to the mailing list that we will be using to
discuss ontology and interop standards moving forward:

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-disaster-management-ont/

Also as discussed lets collate all information on existing disaster
management ontologies, systems and standards at the WIKI setup by the
W3C at:

http://esw.w3.org/topic/DisasterManagement

Please do forward these details with anyone you know who might be
interested in participating in this initiative.

I am looking forward to working with you on defining these standards to
encourage introp between systems and I am personally looking to create
free and open source libraries around these standards that we can use in
Sahana and share with other systems.

BTW I upload my of pictures of our BoF group onto Flickr here:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/chamindra/sets/72157600217513300/ :-)

thanks,

--
Chamindra de Silva