W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-digital-verification@w3.org > March 2019

Re: [AGENDA] W3C Credentials CG Call Tue, March 26th, 12 noon EDT, 9 AM PDT

From: Cessa Flores, Ruben <RCESSA@IADB.ORG>
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2019 16:30:47 +0000
To: Markus Sabadello <markus@danubetech.com>, Kim Hamilton Duffy <kim@learningmachine.com>, "W3C Credentials CG (Public List)" <public-credentials@w3.org>, "W3C Digital Verification CG (Public List)" <public-digital-verification@w3.org>
CC: Christopher Allen <ChristopherA@lifewithalacrity.com>, Kim Hamilton Duffy <kimdhamilton@gmail.com>, Joe Andrieu <joe@legreq.com>
Message-ID: <F4233239-A2E9-4637-B765-FACFE0C9B7E1@iadb.org>
Hi Markus, thanks for the information.

In case is useful to help include support for it on the universal resolver tool, we include a pre-built client CLI and libraries for our method, this should greatly facilitate the integration process.

https://github.com/bryk-io/did-method


As part of our DID method we also develop a resolver client intended to be easily extensible. Right now as an example it supports the “stack” method as well. We weren’t able to add more for the moment since most method specifications don’t provide enough usable information.

Best regards.

From: Markus Sabadello <markus@danubetech.com>
Date: Tuesday, March 26, 2019 at 11:54 AM
To: Kim Hamilton Duffy <kim@learningmachine.com>, "W3C Credentials CG (Public List)" <public-credentials@w3.org>, "W3C Digital Verification CG (Public List)" <public-digital-verification@w3.org>
Cc: Christopher Allen <ChristopherA@lifewithalacrity.com>, Kim Hamilton Duffy <kimdhamilton@gmail.com>, Joe Andrieu <joe@legreq.com>
Subject: Re: [AGENDA] W3C Credentials CG Call Tue, March 26th, 12 noon EDT, 9 AM PDT
Resent-From: <public-credentials@w3.org>
Resent-Date: Tuesday, March 26, 2019 at 11:53 AM


I'm sorry, I won't be able to make it to the call either. A few days ago my wife had a healthy baby girl (in other words, we successfully executed the "create" operation on a new self-sovereign identity).

Regarding DIF, I can report that for the Universal Resolver, we've done a bit of work to try to make it easier for people to contribute DID method drivers:
https://github.com/decentralized-identity/universal-resolver/blob/master/docs/driver-development.md<https://nam02.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fgithub.com%2Fdecentralized-identity%2Funiversal-resolver%2Fblob%2Fmaster%2Fdocs%2Fdriver-development.md&data=01%7C01%7Crcessa%40iadb.org%7C8c150cc90ea54649e6cd08d6b203462d%7C9dfb1a055f1d449a896062abcb479e7d%7C0&sdata=v5mN7nhQunzTp7wQnt%2B%2BVccXnLUefn6arZEcCrVLmzA%3D&reserved=0>

It currently has 11 drivers (several of them are experimental and partially outdated).

I expect the implementation of the DIF Universal Resolver will closely follow the evolution of the DID Resolution spec (on that front, we've had 4 calls so far, with weekly calls now following directly the DID Spec calls, as mentioned in the agenda).

Markus
On 3/24/19 1:15 AM, Kim Hamilton Duffy wrote:
TL;DR: Decentralized Identity Foundation Initiatives and Status

NOTE: Daylight Saving Time chaos is here! Call time is based on US time, and thus has shifted to one hour earlier in the UK and Europe. See: https://www.timeanddate.com/time/dst/events.html<https://nam02.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.timeanddate.com%2Ftime%2Fdst%2Fevents.html&data=01%7C01%7Crcessa%40iadb.org%7C8c150cc90ea54649e6cd08d6b203462d%7C9dfb1a055f1d449a896062abcb479e7d%7C0&sdata=vhRort%2B7HCy%2FC8QgXBNVEwFSyNy4fFopLJI9SykOReY%3D&reserved=0>

NEXT MEETING:

Tuesday, March 26th, 2019
Time: 12pm EDT, 9am PDT, 16:00GMT
(see: https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html?iso=20190319T160000&p1=tz_pdt&p2=tz_edt&p3=tz_gmt<https://nam02.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.timeanddate.com%2Fworldclock%2Fconverter.html%3Fiso%3D20190319T160000%26p1%3Dtz_pdt%26p2%3Dtz_edt%26p3%3Dtz_gmt&data=01%7C01%7Crcessa%40iadb.org%7C8c150cc90ea54649e6cd08d6b203462d%7C9dfb1a055f1d449a896062abcb479e7d%7C0&sdata=mCL%2BU2itEaZk1Og8HsiXzIGyWVSDT5WCzwaKV8OKaj0%3D&reserved=0> )

Text Chat: http://irc.w3.org/?channels=ccg<https://nam02.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Firc.w3.org%2F%3Fchannels%3Dccg&data=01%7C01%7Crcessa%40iadb.org%7C8c150cc90ea54649e6cd08d6b203462d%7C9dfb1a055f1d449a896062abcb479e7d%7C0&sdata=zgzrRZjd4bNPTsEC8Lg2dyDYyg1v0AxjGH7Sj789nEA%3D&reserved=0>
          irc://irc.w3.org:6665/#ccg<https://nam02.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Firc.w3.org%3A6665%2F%23ccg&data=01%7C01%7Crcessa%40iadb.org%7C8c150cc90ea54649e6cd08d6b203462d%7C9dfb1a055f1d449a896062abcb479e7d%7C0&sdata=Yyxb1bukCXdSr3tC6uW%2BBuyKjq4R52P%2Bl0lvvSh103w%3D&reserved=0>

Voice: See updated instructions: https://github.com/w3c-ccg/w3c-ccg.github.io/blob/master/connecting.md<https://nam02.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fgithub.com%2Fw3c-ccg%2Fw3c-ccg.github.io%2Fblob%2Fmaster%2Fconnecting.md&data=01%7C01%7Crcessa%40iadb.org%7C8c150cc90ea54649e6cd08d6b203462d%7C9dfb1a055f1d449a896062abcb479e7d%7C0&sdata=7HIaFnqrI2ld9%2FzWYkISTnpa4w1nuGKCqcladeYefhc%3D&reserved=0>
   VoIP: sip:ccg@96.89.14.196<mailto:sip%3Accg@96.89.14.196>
   US phone: tel:+1.540.274.1034;6306
   EU phone: tel:+33.9.74.59.31.06;6306
We prefer people to dial in via SIP when possible.

Duration: 60 minutes

MINUTES FROM LAST MEETING:
https://w3c-ccg.github.io/meetings/2019-03-19/<https://nam02.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fw3c-ccg.github.io%2Fmeetings%2F2019-03-19%2F&data=01%7C01%7Crcessa%40iadb.org%7C8c150cc90ea54649e6cd08d6b203462d%7C9dfb1a055f1d449a896062abcb479e7d%7C0&sdata=tJ%2Bq5wiEYBn5q5dzSa9dnhdJJa78VEKl74i0s%2Bu%2BNV8%3D&reserved=0>

MEETING MODERATOR: Kim Hamilton Duffy <kimdhamilton@gmail.com<mailto:kimdhamilton@gmail.com>>

PROPOSED AGENDA:
1. Agenda Review (2 minutes)
2. IP Note: (1 minute)
- Anyone can participate in these calls. However, if you have not agreed to the groups IP policy, we cannot consider substantive contributions.
3. Call Notes (1 minute)
- These minutes and an audio recording of everything said on this call are archived at https://w3c-ccg.github.io/meetings/<https://nam02.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fw3c-ccg.github.io%2Fmeetings%2F&data=01%7C01%7Crcessa%40iadb.org%7C8c150cc90ea54649e6cd08d6b203462d%7C9dfb1a055f1d449a896062abcb479e7d%7C0&sdata=US5%2Ff%2FAfEc3tEq6G99WT3RzPrxs6C1tKiZOPonAZhZo%3D&reserved=0>
- We use IRC to queue speakers during the call as well as to take minutes. http://irc.w3.org/?channels=ccg<https://nam02.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Firc.w3.org%2F%3Fchannels%3Dccg&data=01%7C01%7Crcessa%40iadb.org%7C8c150cc90ea54649e6cd08d6b203462d%7C9dfb1a055f1d449a896062abcb479e7d%7C0&sdata=zgzrRZjd4bNPTsEC8Lg2dyDYyg1v0AxjGH7Sj789nEA%3D&reserved=0> or http://irc.w3.org:6665/#ccg<https://nam02.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Firc.w3.org%3A6665%2F%23ccg&data=01%7C01%7Crcessa%40iadb.org%7C8c150cc90ea54649e6cd08d6b203462d%7C9dfb1a055f1d449a896062abcb479e7d%7C0&sdata=Yyxb1bukCXdSr3tC6uW%2BBuyKjq4R52P%2Bl0lvvSh103w%3D&reserved=0>
- All attendees should type “present+” to get your name on the attendee list in the transcript.
- In IRC type q+ to add yourself to queue, with optional reminder, e.g., “q+ to mention DID spec needs better SEO”. The “to” is required.
- If you’re not on IRC, simply ask to be put on the queue.
- Please be brief so the rest of the queue get a chance to chime in. You can always q+ again.
4. Scribe Selection (3 minutes)
- We need a volunteer to scribe. Scribe List: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1LkqZ10z7FeV3EgMIQEJ9achEYMzy1d_2S90Q_lQ0y8M/edit?usp=sharing<https://nam02.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fdocs.google.com%2Fdocument%2Fd%2F1LkqZ10z7FeV3EgMIQEJ9achEYMzy1d_2S90Q_lQ0y8M%2Fedit%3Fusp%3Dsharing&data=01%7C01%7Crcessa%40iadb.org%7C8c150cc90ea54649e6cd08d6b203462d%7C9dfb1a055f1d449a896062abcb479e7d%7C0&sdata=GQof7EWteHpffdLQfCI3y9Le4beD4yx8QwNDASr27us%3D&reserved=0>)
5. Introductions & Reintroductions (3 minutes) (see scribe doc for reintroduce column)
6. Announcements & Reminders (5 minutes)
- https://w3c-ccg.github.io/announcements/<https://nam02.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fw3c-ccg.github.io%2Fannouncements%2F&data=01%7C01%7Crcessa%40iadb.org%7C8c150cc90ea54649e6cd08d6b203462d%7C9dfb1a055f1d449a896062abcb479e7d%7C0&sdata=lhthy7rvTavuf1UGD%2BNmkJ7YMw0%2B%2BjUOYEUoLl6iJyk%3D&reserved=0>
- Dedicated DID calls on Thursdays
- Zoom room: https://zoom.us/j/7077077007<https://nam02.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fzoom.us%2Fj%2F7077077007&data=01%7C01%7Crcessa%40iadb.org%7C8c150cc90ea54649e6cd08d6b203462d%7C9dfb1a055f1d449a896062abcb479e7d%7C0&sdata=UNtAJAZQoAe0poiHSZC19KJtGURkZG6Rz8xX%2BaUqSGo%3D&reserved=0>
- Time:
- DID Spec call from 1-2PM PT / 20:00-21:00 UTC.
- DID Resolution Spec call from 2-3PM PT / 21:00-22:00 UTC.
- Recent Minutes:
- DID Spec: https://github.com/w3c-ccg/meetings/tree/gh-pages/2019-03-21-did-spec<https://nam02.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fgithub.com%2Fw3c-ccg%2Fmeetings%2Ftree%2Fgh-pages%2F2019-03-21-did-spec&data=01%7C01%7Crcessa%40iadb.org%7C8c150cc90ea54649e6cd08d6b203462d%7C9dfb1a055f1d449a896062abcb479e7d%7C0&sdata=zifCzpjKjO%2FrcKZ5chFHCbf%2F9K7BbX5kMNvNI6%2BYg4g%3D&reserved=0>
- DID Resolution: https://github.com/w3c-ccg/meetings/tree/gh-pages/2019-03-21-did-resolution<https://nam02.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fgithub.com%2Fw3c-ccg%2Fmeetings%2Ftree%2Fgh-pages%2F2019-03-21-did-resolution&data=01%7C01%7Crcessa%40iadb.org%7C8c150cc90ea54649e6cd08d6b203462d%7C9dfb1a055f1d449a896062abcb479e7d%7C0&sdata=8ugRxUTNip69Vi0t7WGcK%2B8FSbXV4vM%2BrK%2FBOCU89IU%3D&reserved=0>
- IIW -- Apr 30th-May 2nd, Mountain View, CA https://www.internetidentityworkshop.com<https://nam02.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.internetidentityworkshop.com&data=01%7C01%7Crcessa%40iadb.org%7C8c150cc90ea54649e6cd08d6b203462d%7C9dfb1a055f1d449a896062abcb479e7d%7C0&sdata=mY2LWjsgUb96ugBPXRUel6OrHPav%2BOoUpcgdoDw4Lm4%3D&reserved=0>
7. Progress on Action Items (5 minutes)
- https://github.com/w3c-ccg/community/issues?q=is%3Aopen+is%3Aissue+label%3A%22action%3A+review+next%22<https://nam02.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fgithub.com%2Fw3c-ccg%2Fcommunity%2Fissues%3Fq%3Dis%253Aopen%2Bis%253Aissue%2Blabel%253A%2522action%253A%2Breview%2Bnext%2522&data=01%7C01%7Crcessa%40iadb.org%7C8c150cc90ea54649e6cd08d6b203462d%7C9dfb1a055f1d449a896062abcb479e7d%7C0&sdata=fUD5FfbwCowojyt9q5BgLvch5JE1HInBX7t%2F9bptxdc%3D&reserved=0>
8. Decentralized Identity Foundation (DIF) Initiatives and Progress - Daniel Buchner (30 minutes)
- Present DIF initiatives, progress, and upcoming SSI interop hackathons
- https://identity.foundation<https://nam02.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fidentity.foundation&data=01%7C01%7Crcessa%40iadb.org%7C8c150cc90ea54649e6cd08d6b203462d%7C9dfb1a055f1d449a896062abcb479e7d%7C0&sdata=bBaGkIXpeuhWom1Thdlo2cDRC8bKD%2Bm72gq6lKCdC8I%3D&reserved=0>

Next week: April 2, 2019

— W3C-CCG Co-Chairs: Christopher Allen, Kim Hamilton Duffy & Joe Andrieu

--
Kim Hamilton Duffy
CTO & Principal Architect Learning Machine
Co-chair W3C Credentials Community Group

kim@learningmachine.com<mailto:kim@learningmachine.com>

Received on Tuesday, 26 March 2019 16:34:31 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Tuesday, 26 March 2019 16:34:32 UTC