Re: LD-Proof vs LD-Signature

On 07/29/2018 01:12 PM, Vaneev Bogdan wrote:

> What is the reason to have both ld-proof
> (https://w3c-dvcg.github.io/ld-proofs/) and ld-signature
> (https://w3c-dvcg.github.io/ld-signatures/) specifications?

The contents of the specifications haven't been reworked in a long time.

We started w/ LD Signatures and then slowly realized that we needed a
more foundational specification once we started adding other types of
cryptographic suites (Equihash2018, MessageDigest2018, etc.)

So, we need a spec for the general class of expressing mathematical
proofs in Linked Data.

Then we need a subclass of expressing digital signatures in Linked Data,
which are a subclass of mathematical proofs.

Hope that makes sense... apologies for the state of the specs...
everyone works on them in their spare time or when implementers start
complaining.

-- manu

Founder/CEO - Digital Bazaar, Inc.
https://tinyurl.com/veres-one-launches