Today's updates to mission statement

From: Kim Hamilton Duffy <kim@learningmachine.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2017 19:39:39 +0000
To: "W3C Credentials CG (Public List)" <public-credentials@w3.org>, "W3C Digital Verification CG (Public List)" <public-digital-verification@w3.org>
Hi all,
We had one final update today to address David Chadwick's comment about
user control. Per our discussion today, we are going to keep the tomorrow
deadline (8/23) for further comments/concerns.

*Updated draft (change bolded):*

“The mission of the Credentials Community Group is to explore the creation,
storage, presentation, verification, and *user control of *credentials. We
focus on a verifiable credential (a set of claims) created by an issuer
about a subject—a person, group, or thing—and seek solutions inclusive of
approaches such as: self-sovereign identity; presentation of proofs by the
bearer; data minimization; and centralized, federated, and decentralized
registry and identity systems. Our tasks include drafting and incubating
Internet specifications for further standardization and prototyping and
testing reference implementations.”

*Source document (add comments here)*
https://goo.gl/sNs2vl

Thanks,
Kim
--
Kim Hamilton Duffy
Principal Engineer | Learning Machine + MIT Media Lab

kim@learningmachine.com | kimhd@mit.edu
425-652-0150 | LearningMachine.com