W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-digital-verification@w3.org > August 2017

[AGENDA] W3C Credentials Community Call - 22 August 2017 12pm ET

From: Kim Hamilton Duffy <kim@learningmachine.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2017 00:32:52 +0000
Message-ID: <CAB=TY87EmZmYcoR1g-Wk92ySWsypgu1hX4_7611WNRu9qsFtmg@mail.gmail.com>
To: "W3C Credentials CG (Public List)" <public-credentials@w3.org>, "W3C Digital Verification CG (Public List)" <public-digital-verification@w3.org>
This agenda may be revised; I'm getting confirmation that #5 and #6 can be
presented on the 22nd. We have an overflow topic (#7) if there is time
available.

*TL;DR Ensure leadership for committed work items; VC Browser API and
Polyfill checkin; review initial draft of "Privacy & Security Requirements
for Credentials Ecosystem"*

NEXT MEETING:

Tuesday, August 22th, 2017
Time: 12pm Boston, 9am Pacific, 16:00 GMT
Text Chat: http://irc.w3.org/?channels=ccg
           irc://irc.w3.org:6665/#ccg
Voice: sip:ccg@96.89.14.196
       tel:+1-540-961-4469;ext=6306 <(540)%20961-4469> (extension 6306)
Duration: 60 minutes
Scribes: [Updated list coming soon]

This is a joint meeting of the Credentials and Digital Verification
Community Groups. It is held immediately after the Verifiable Claims WG
call. Anyone may participate in these community group calls — you do not
need to be a W3C member.

Minutes from last call: https://w3c-ccg.github.io/meetings/2017-08-15/

PROPOSED AGENDA:
1. Agenda review (3 minutes)
2. Introductions & Re-Introduction (3 minutes)
- Re-Introduction is a regular agenda item, where each week we ask a
longer-term member to re-introduce themselves to more recent members.
3. Status of current action items (10 minutes)
- KimHD: Send proposal for how Digital Verification CG integrates [SENT;
OBJECTIONS DUE 2017-08-18]
- ChristopherA: First draft of CG Mission Statement for review - [FINISHED
TODAY; SENT https://goo.gl/sNs2vl; OBJECTIONS DUE 2017-08-23]
- ALL: Approve New Name and Mission Statement - [DUE AUG]
- KimHD: Add subscribe button (similar to "Join" on
https://www.w3.org/community/credentials/). Ensure patent policy, etc is
respected [DUE 2017-08-29]
- KimHD: Update scribe list [DUE 2017-08-22]
- KimHD: First pass at writeup of insights from Bots, Fake News, and VC
discussion [DUE 2017-08-22]
- All: Find owner(s) for next step of "Bots, Fake News, and VC", which is
to get engagement from journalists to learn what they want to do
(usability, existing models, etc)
- All: Find more contributors for key work items [IN PROGRESS -- details
below]
- Lifecycle of VC: I think we're in good shape here
- Privacy & Security Requirements for Credentials Ecosystem: Ditto
- DID spec: Drummond pinging some PMs he knows for help. We need help with
structuring, triage, etc
- Data min and selective disclosure: Kim sent details to volunteers; we'll
follow up
- VC Browser API and polyfill: Do we need anything here?
5. VC Browser API and Polyfill (20 minutes)
- Dave and Manu to discuss open github issues
6. Privacy & Security Requirements for Credentials Ecosystem (20 minutes)
- David Chadwick created an initial draft that we will discuss
https://goo.gl/ZeyJUS
7. Various Discussion Topics (As time permits)
- Discuss following questions/concerns raised by Manu.
- The W3C Blockchain CG is shutting down due to "no interest", which isn't
necessarily true, it was just under constantly revolving leadership that
couldn't attract the sort of community that is actively building stuff.
- The item above has led to the orphaning of the Web Ledger spec[1], so we
may want to discuss picking that up (or just leaving it). Digital Bazaar
will submit it as a W3C Member Submission at some point.
- Microsoft's recent Blockchain solution (not DIF) that resembles Sovrin in
design. What do Evernym folks think.
- Should CG ask for time at the upcoming W3C TPAC meeting? If so, who is
going to help us prepare presentations on CG work.
8. Action items and suggestions for next week agenda  (5 minutes)

— Christopher Allen & Kim Hamilton Duffy, co-chairs
-- 
Kim Hamilton Duffy
Principal Engineer | Learning Machine + MIT Media Lab
Co-chair W3C Credentials Community Group
400 Main Street Building E19-732, Cambridge, MA 02139
12001 N. Central Expy, Suite 1025, Dallas, TX 75243

kim@learningmachine.com | kimhd@mit.edu
425-652-0150 | LearningMachine.com
Received on Friday, 18 August 2017 00:33:26 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Friday, 18 August 2017 00:33:27 UTC