Re: Use Case for State Changing Document

And that’s generally the position we’ve taken, Mike.  That the use of or lack of use of a cache is entirely up to the “PWP Processor”.

But Nick’s idea that an author could provide hints for a system that might want them, seems reasonable (and happily ignorable).

Leonard

From: Mike Perlman <perlmanm@me.com<mailto:perlmanm@me.com>>
Date: Monday, March 14, 2016 at 4:06 PM
To: Nick Ruffilo <nickruffilo@gmail.com<mailto:nickruffilo@gmail.com>>
Cc: Leonard Rosenthol <lrosenth@adobe.com<mailto:lrosenth@adobe.com>>, W3C Digital Publishing Discussion list <public-digipub@w3.org<mailto:public-digipub@w3.org>>
Subject: Re: Use Case for State Changing Document

Hi

I don’t think a cache should be involved with PWP. n the case of media, there can be a low res offline and high res online, but no one knows what could or couldn’t happen to a cache in the future or guarantee the cache will travel with the document. We probably need a new paradigm to address this area.

Cheers
Mike