Re: [DPUB-ANNOTATION-UC] 2.1.3 general observation about language identification [I18N-ISSUE-458]

Thanks again for the comments.

I agree that language metadata is important and that the set of use cases
does not specifically include any metadata about the body or target
resources.  That was somewhat intentional, so as to avoid trying to list
out all of the possible descriptive features for resources, such as
creator, creation time, language, file format, license or other rights
statements, intended audience and so forth.  These are listed for the
annotation itself, as the primary resource of interest.

In the Web Annotation data model, the language is explicitly included along
with format and general class of the resource [1].  In the upcoming WD
(next week [2]), we also add creator and creation time.  For language we
refer to RFC 5646 as the value of the language property.  Is that
sufficient to cover the requirements?

Many thanks,

Rob

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/annotation-model/#body-and-target-metadata