Re: As an aside, a possibly interesting read....

Phil, I well remember that policy statement and all the work poured into
creating both versions of it. I guess I should have said, instead of ※lack
of clarity§, ※unwillingness of decision-makers at many publishing houses
to read the statement or apply what they read§. Which is a common problem
- we can create all the documentation in the world, but people*s
willingness to read it will vary depending on the pain they*re
experiencing. We see this all the time at Bowker with regard to
self-published authors entering their data into our system while ignoring
the instructions as to how to do so.