Re: [latinreq] Table alignment and table sizing

On 1/13/14, 7:51 AM, "Ben Ko" <bko@koandkim.com> wrote:

>More Robust Table
> Alignment

Are steps i-iv actually correct? If I am aligning on the decimal, and I
have two cells containing 12345.6 and 1.234, I don’t see how the first
could be centered while making the left margin of the first match the
right margin of the second. I’d expect the left margin of the first to be
zero, and the right margin of the second to be zero (which results in no
centering)

>4. Table widths
>
>1. In print, tables are not randomly sized but typically set to one of a
>few fixed widths. This requirement
> necessitates that a composition engine know how to "snap to" one of the
>desired widths.
>

>2. I have a bunch of notes regarding snapping to specific widths, where
>to throw extra white space, etc.
> but want to confirm with group that they feel that this specific
>requirement is something they want in digital layout as well before i
>write it all down.

I think we should capture these requirements. Whether these are addressed
directly on the web platform isn’t particularly relevant to the task of
communicating what the requirements are.

Thanks,

Alan