Re: Digital Textbooks

For the annotations section:

On Sat, Jan 4, 2014 at 2:44 AM, Ivan Herman <ivan@w3.org> wrote:

> *Social Reading and Annotations *http://www.webrtc.org/
>
> Not sure why this is relevant to Social Reading / Annotations, other than
as a communication protocol for transferring annotations over.

> http://graphics.cs.brown.edu/research/ReMarkableTexts/

Very out of date?  The rmt mailing list doesn't exist any more and NSDL is
long over.  That said, Brown does have some Open Annotation work, such as
the Fedora implementation described here:
http://www.diglib.org/forums/2012forum/using-open-annotation/

http://liquidtext.net/

> Conversely very new.  I've signed up to get a notification for when the
Beta is open.

> http://liris.cnrs.fr/advene/
>
> And back to out of date? It was at HT 2005.  As it's open source it might
be nice to look at for potential compatibility.  As it's a video annotation
project, I'm not sure it's entirely relevant but does look good (and has
had some more recent updates)

Rob