Re: Minutes of the joint PF & DPUP IG telco

A reasonable suggestion, but ...

Steven Faulkner writes:
> suggested possible route:
>
> HTML already has elements with a defined default ARIA role
>
> examples:
> <section> role="region"
> <article> role="article"
>
> define set of roles using these elements as base roles
>
> <article>
> <section role="chapter">

Perhaps the chapter has sections and even sub-Sections? Or, the chapters
themselves are nested within "parts."

So, the ARIA-dPub aware UA could nest, recognizing the hierarchy?
And the nonaware browser would at least fallback to semantically
meaningful demarcations?

Janina

--

Janina Sajka, Phone: +1.443.300.2200