De : Ivan Herman <ivan@w3.org<mailto:ivan@w3.org>>
Date : jeudi 28 septembre 2017 à 09:12
À : George Kerscher <kerscher@montana.com<mailto:kerscher@montana.com>>
Cc : Bill Kasdorf <bkasdorf@apexcovantage.com<mailto:bkasdorf@apexcovantage.com>>, AUDRAIN LUC AUDRAIN LUC <laudrain@hachette-livre.fr<mailto:laudrain@hachette-livre.fr>>, Charles LaPierre <charlesl@benetech.org<mailto:charlesl@benetech.org>>, Tzviya Siegman <tsiegman@wiley.com<mailto:tsiegman@wiley.com>>, W3C Digital Publishing IG <public-digipub-ig@w3.org<mailto:public-digipub-ig@w3.org>>, Liza Daly <lizadaly@gmail.com<mailto:lizadaly@gmail.com>>, Markus Gylling <markus.gylling@gmail.com<mailto:markus.gylling@gmail.com>>, Madi Weland Solomon <madi.w.solomon@gmail.com<mailto:madi.w.solomon@gmail.com>>, Bill McCoy <bmccoy@w3.org<mailto:bmccoy@w3.org>>, Garth Conboy <garth@google.com<mailto:garth@google.com>>, Thierry Michel <tmichel@w3.org<mailto:tmichel@w3.org>>, Kazuyuki Ashimura <ashimura@w3.org<mailto:ashimura@w3.org>>, Liam Quin <liam@w3.org<mailto:liam@w3.org>>
Objet : Re: Closing the Digital Publishing Interest Group

Re Pierre…

I was in Paris for a W3C event on Semantic Web, actually. That is not the same W3C event Luc was referring to, it was at least a year earlier (if not more), but it was held at the same organization in Paris (Cap Digital) that Pierre was very active in. Pierre was there (I think Luc was there as well) and I remember I had a discussion with him on publishing. I must admit I do not remember all the details, but I believe it was this discussion that raised my interest that led, eventually, to my discussion with Markus, to the Workshop in New York and, later, to the event Luc was referring to in Paris, etc. And the rest is history…

So yes, Pierre did have an absolutely seminal role in this. We should always remember that.

Ivan