Fwd: Daylight Saving Time change –first half of 2017

From: Ivan Herman <ivan@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 3 Mar 2017 11:12:20 +0100
To: W3C Digital Publishing IG <public-digipub-ig@w3.org>
FYI.

Our meeting is scheduled on US time, meaning that this will not affect people in North America. It will affect people in Europe; I must admit I am not sure how it will affect people in Brazil (we do have colleagues from Brazil on our group).

Ivan

> Begin forwarded message:
>
> From: Xueyuan Jia <xueyuan@w3.org <mailto:xueyuan@w3.org>>
> Subject: Daylight Saving Time change –first half of 2017
> Date: 3 March 2017 at 10:11:15 GMT+1
> To: chairs@w3.org <mailto:chairs@w3.org>
>

> Dear chairs,
>
> This is a Semi-annual reminder of the upcoming change due to Daylight Saving Time.
>  https://www.timeanddate.com/time/dst/2017a.html <https://www.timeanddate.com/time/dst/2017a.html>
>
> Most of the US and Canada will be moving their clocks forward on Sunday, 12 March. This is two weeks earlier than Europe. Most European clocks will move 1 hour forward on Sunday, 26 March.
>
> This means that between 13 March and 27 March the teleconferences that are scheduled according to the US clock will start *one hour earlier* in local time for most Europeans. Please share this information with your groups, as it will have an impact on teleconferences.
>
> For WebEx teleconferences that were scheduled according to a timezone other than US or Europe, please confirm the time arrangements with your meeting host.
>
> The meeting planner tool below may be helpful to find the time for your web meeting across time zones:
>  https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/meeting.html <https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/meeting.html>
>
> Best Regards,
> Xueyuan Jia, W3C Marketing & Communications

Publishing@W3C Technical Lead
Home: http://www.w3.org/People/Ivan/ <http://www.w3.org/People/Ivan/>
mobile: +31-641044153
ORCID ID: http://orcid.org/0000-0003-0782-2704 <http://orcid.org/0000-0003-0782-2704>