From: AUDRAIN LUC
Sent: Wednesday, March 1, 2017 12:47
To: Brady Duga ; Leonard Rosenthol
Cc: Ruffilo, Nick ; Cramer, Dave ; W3C Digital Publishing IG
Subject: Re: Logical Order in a "manifest" vs in "content"

I agree the User is King, and as such he needs to be informed to take good decisions.

The Author is King too : a specific order of reading is at the highest level of author creation.
As publishers, we respect authors creation.

I also think that order in content is not reliable, error prone and a bad accessibility feature.

I fully support order outside content as a list :
  a.. it can be marked as the default author order,
  b.. Default order synchronises with the book version and allow for digital accessibility
  c.. It could be skipped by the User, at his own risk
  d.. It can be manipulated allowing specific and contextuel user experiences
Best,
Luc