Re: [DPUB] 20160130 Agenda [for real this time]

Regrets for today – conflicting meeting

From: Garth Conboy <garth@google.com<mailto:garth@google.com>>
Date: Thursday, January 26, 2017 at 2:15 PM
Subject: [DPUB] 20160130 Agenda [for real this time]

Hello DPUB Folks,

Below is the draft agenda for next week's IG conference call, to be held at the usual time and day [0].

Please let us know if you are able to scribe. Please join the call via WebEx [1] and join IRC [13] for live chat & minutes (IRC channel #dpub).

Webex: https://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/WebEx

Agenda:

  *   Approve minutes [2]
  *   IDPF merging into W3C update (if any)
  *   Issues with Web Publications [PWP] draft [3]
     *   “A Web Publication (WP) is a bounded collection of resources, envisioned and created as a whole" Do we really mean the part after the comma?
        *   Combining existing documents to create a new one
        *   Applying annotations to the create a new one
        *   Perhaps "A Web Publication (WP) is a bounded collection of resources, where the collection is envisioned and created as a whole"?
     *   "A Web Publication must be accessible to the broadest possible range of readers."  Keep the "must?"
     *   "A Web Publication must be available and functional while the user is offline"  Can we really say "must?"
        *   Perhaps “A Web Publication must be able to be made available and functional while the user is offline”?
     *   “We also introduce the abstract concept of a manifest, which serves to carry information about the constituent resources of the publication, their sequence, and presentation”..  Do we want to include "their sequence, and presentation"?
     *   Other potential changes for discussion?
  *   Previous homework, restated
     *   Review EPUB CG draft charter [4]
     *   Review DPUB BG draft charter [5]
  *   Do we have content for next Monday, or await DPUB BG input/formation?
  *   Any Other Business

[0] https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=DPUB+IG+Meeting&iso=20170130T17

[1] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/WebEx

[2] https://www.w3.org/2017/01/23-dpub-minutes.html

[3] http://w3c.github.io/dpub-pwp/

[4] https://docs.google.com/document/d/14dM4JUw9EGSZ8TvZPnVShT1lKhsiag1ctVQXdVxqhN0/pub<https://docs.google..com/document/d/14dM4JUw9EGSZ8TvZPnVShT1lKhsiag1ctVQXdVxqhN0/pub>

[5] https://docs.google.com/document/d/1HNLmvdNvBbF4vJbkNRBgO5Wc0rDFsuoj0fdVAeLHIsk/pub

To join this telecon, use the following logistics:

Webex [10]

Join chat and minutes on IRC/Zakim (see below)

We will also use an IRC channel to minute the discussions:

Address:  irc.w3.org<http://irc.w3.org/>  (channel #dpub)

Available ports (choose one): 6667, 6665, 21 IRC channel: #dpub See how to connect [11] using an IRC client [12] or our web interface [13] User Instructions for Zakim [14] To mute your line press 61#. Unmute is 60#.

 To place yourself on the speaker queue ('q+' in irc) press 41# (Handup).

 Unqueue ('q-' in irc) is 40#..

Digital Publishing Interest Group home page http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/ Digital Publishing Interest Group Wiki

 http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Main_Page

* Digital Publishing Interest Group Charter http://www.w3.org/2013/02/digpubig.html