Re: Some significant items for discussion on "What is a Web Publication?"

Hi all,

On Mon, Jan 23, 2017 at 2:42 PM, Leonard Rosenthol <lrosenth@adobe.com>
wrote:

> > I have the advantage to be on the other side of the pond
>

> Me too today, sitting in Paris…

Heh. I'm in Sweden at the moment, so I'm not working in the middle of an
Australian night :)

> I also agree with both of you – using the later definition is good and
> they should be merged.  @Ivan Herman <ivan@w3.org> did you want to do
> that or should I?
>

> > I believe we do have to say that a WP must have a unique identifier.
>

> Yes, we all agree on that…

Well, that's good. Some consensus is progress even if we still have some
areas of disagreement.

> >Maybe we should remove or change the word 'origin'?
>

> It’s a special word for web folks, so we should either use it with the
> same meaning or (my preference) not use it at all.

I agree that this area of the doc needs to be made clear in one of those
two ways, although I prefer the former.

>I believe the term 'functional' is sufficiently (and intentionally) vague:
> it does not imply that it should have exactly the same features,
>
> >it only says that it should not be impossible to consume the WP's content
> when it is offline.
>

> And I disagree.  If an author wishes to construct a WP that only works
> when online, they should be able to.   Remember we are talking about a WP
> here, not necessary a PWP.  And that's an important different we need to
> remember – WP vs. PWP.

Leonard has a good point here.

Regards,
Dave