Re: Comment on "Call for Review: Publishing Working Group Charter"

I would propose three things.

- The IG is winding down anyway, and I do not think it would work on its document in the upcoming time. I would propose that IG publish these documents as IG Notes as soon as possible (which will mean after the AC meeting when the publishing moratorium is over).
- To avoid any further misunderstandings I would prefer the IG change/modify the title of the documents rather than change the charter. "Ruminations on Web Publications" sounds sexy, but I am not sure it is appropriate for a W3C /TR document.
- Add some texts on the fact that the WG has the possibility to change the names if it wishes to do so.

As for 'ruminations'…

- "Technical reflections on Web Publications"
- "Contemplating Web Publications"
- "Deliberations on Web Publications"

The input of a native Anglo-Saxon may be helpful here…

Ivan

> On 19 Apr 2017, at 15:35, Garth Conboy <garth@google.com <mailto:garth@google.com>> wrote:
>
> Okay, got it.
>
> I'll leave our Charter Master Extraordinaire, Ivan, to propose any clarifying language.  :-)
>
> Best,
>    Garth
>
> On Wed, Apr 19, 2017 at 9:27 AM, Daniel Glazman <daniel.glazman@disruptive-innovations.com <mailto:daniel.glazman@disruptive-innovations.com>> wrote:
> Le 19/04/2017 à 14:52, Garth Conboy a écrit :
>
> > We could, as you suggest in your other mail, decide to find another name
> > for the input document or deliverables but we all know that such
> > discussion could lead to a long bike-shedding match -- I fear that.
> > Instead, if necessary, we can add to the charter something making it
> > clear that the WG has the possibility (as all WG-s have by default) to
> > change the terms used in the deliverables and/or completely ignore the
> > input documents, if that makes things clearer.
>
> I have no religion here. Only thing I know if that even a geeky reader
> like myself found "Web Publications" and "Web Publications" on one hand,
> "Portable Web Publications" and "Portable Web Publications" on the
> other, rather confusing. Your reading of the prose, where documents
> are different and WG ones are not supposed to be the REC track of the
> IG ones, was 100% unclear to me. If it was unclear to me, it's probably
> unclear to some others too...
>
> </Daniel>

Publishing@W3C Technical Lead
Home: http://www.w3.org/People/Ivan/ <http://www.w3.org/People/Ivan/>