Re: Rough sketch for WP, was Re: Dereferencing, was Re: Jotting down some discussion topics

On September 22, 2016 at 4:50:44 PM, Leonard Rosenthol
(lrosenth@adobe.com) wrote:
> >We should be trying to figure out what fundamentally makes an arbitrary collection
> of OWP materials a publication and defining the
> >minimum necessary superstructure that supports publication use cases, not mandating
> or excluding that authors/publishers use any
> >particular OWP technologies
> >
> I can certainly see this approach as well – however, to me (and maybe I am splitting hairs)
> – this way seems to want to create a new class of “web thing” called a Publication (vs. a
> page or site). To me, it’s more about HOW you use certain things than what you call it. But
> we’ll all learn as we go.

Agree. Hopefully we don't need to call them anything... it does
sometimes help tho to communicate the concept... like "Progressive Web
Apps" is no-one's favorite (tho good for marketing:)), but it gives a
name to a set of ideas that come together to form a thing... might be
the same here with whatever we end up with.