Re: Restructuring of the UCR

> On 23 Oct 2016, at 21:49, Heather Flanagan (RFC Series Editor) <rse@rfc-editor.org> wrote:
>
> Hello,
>
> The first (but definitely not final!) pass at restructuring is up on github:
>
> http://w3c.github.io/dpub-pwp-ucr/ <http://w3c.github.io/dpub-pwp-ucr/>
> I have five major questions for the group to discuss on the call on Monday:
>
> I rewrote the entire abstract to make it more abstract-like and inline with our discussions at TPAC.  Suggestions for improvement?
I have given some in my separate mwil
> Given we are moving to assume this will be on the web, is it really necessary to say that this needs to be viewable in a browser? (I commented out that requirement)
I believe you did the right thing
> Online/Offline - at TPAC, we discussed removing mention of online versus offline. I’d like to go through each of the use cases where that split is mentioned to see if entirely removing the distinction makes sense. I’ve already changed a few, but this could use community input.
There was no mention that really jumped out to me as being superfluous...
> Still have 27 requirements. Are they the right requirements? Is this still too many, repeating what’s already known in the OWP?
I believe we are in a way better shape than we were before. My separate comment may also remove 1-2 due to overlap.
> Is having a Permissions and Obligations section going to be confusing? Should those items be moved to Security?
As i said in my separate reply, it makes sense to merge the security stuff with the first one in this section (the second one, in my view, should move into the the general part of WP) and call the whole top level section security makes sense...
> I haven't started seriously digging into the issues list. I'll stare at those for a bit, but don't expect to make any more substantive changes between now and our call tomorrow.

I will look at the use cases that I digged up[1] whether those indeed are necessary or not in view of your draft. Hope to do that before the call.

Cheers

Ivan

[1] https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-digipub-ig/2016Oct/0098.html

> Leonard, great job on the duplicates!