Service Workers at Work...

From: Ivan Herman <ivan@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2016 06:28:49 +0200
To: W3C Digital Publishing IG <public-digipub-ig@w3.org>
Just for fun:

Last week a colleague of mine drew my attention on a nice example:

https://hpbn.co <https://hpbn.co/>

the book (which reads very nicely in a browser, with a very clean HTML structure; it is refreshing to see it), can be read online and offline. I just tried it, looked at the TOC, opened one or two chapters, then turned my WiFi off, and the whole book (including chapters that I have not seen before) could just be read. I used Opera, which, per caniuse, has SW in the browser.

The trick is in

https://hpbn.co/assets/5e7a4451127bdccbb9346f1c8744c0d9.js <https://hpbn.co/assets/5e7a4451127bdccbb9346f1c8744c0d9.js>

which is linked from the documents and which does some SW magic.

Just a good example…

Digital Publishing Technical Lead
ORCID ID: http://orcid.org/0000-0003-0782-2704