RE: [mediaqueries] MathML

True enough. I had the wrong idea about media queries and went off target. Sorry about that.

Still, I argue against MathML being excluded in pretty much any web mechanism on principle. Making knowledge available to computational processes is always preferred as it is hard to know ahead of time to what use such knowledge will be put. When considering whether or not to expose some UA capability or property via MQ, the criteria should be that it is well-defined and an important aspect of the UA. I'll admit that MathML has some challenges in terms of being well-defined with its implementation in UAs being so variable and the MathML spec so complex and open to interpretation, but I'm sure they can be solved. Given a suitable definition of "UA implements MathML", there should be no question that it exposes an important UA characteristic. Since MathML is part of HTML5, it could be argued that it should have an MQ even if all UAs report no implementation using it.

Paul