Re: [mediaqueries] MathML

On 04/10/2016 16:36 , Tab Atkins Jr. wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 4, 2016 at 1:32 PM, Joe Trenton <joe.trenton.iiii@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Does MathJax work outside of a browser from a command line?
>
> It's a JS library that runs on the DOM, so, maybe with some of the
> headless-browser things? I'm not sure.

There's https://github.com/mathjax/MathJax-node for that. Last I looked
it relied on a specific version of jsdom so it can be a bit finicky to
use depending on what you need to do, but once you get it running it
works great.

>> Are there other high-quality applications that produce SVG besides MathJax?
>
> No idea, I don't use them much in the first place.

That produce SVG, none that I'm aware of. An interesting alternative is
KaTeX that produces HTML+CSS from LaTeX but it only supports a somewhat
unpredictable subset of LaTeX, so we gave up on it.

--
• Robin Berjon - http://berjon.com/ - @robinberjon
• http://science.ai/ — intelligent science publishing