Re: [mediaqueries] MathML

From: Florian Rivoal <florian@rivoal.net>
Date: Tue, 4 Oct 2016 23:33:15 +0900
Cc: www-style list <www-style@w3.org>, W3C Digital Publishing IG <public-digipub-ig@w3.org>, Peter Krautzberger <peter.krautzberger@mathjax.org>
To: Manuel Rego Casasnovas <rego@igalia.com>

> On Oct 4, 2016, at 19:45, Manuel Rego Casasnovas <rego@igalia.com> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> On 03/10/16 04:47, Florian Rivoal wrote:
>> - MathML has been stagnating for a long time, and implementations do not seem to be making much progress. There is no reason to believe that implementations (either visual or screen readers) will improve sufficiently any time soon (or ever) to make the previous two problems go away.
>
> Actually, there's been some work recently around MathML that some of you
> might not be aware of.
>
> [...]
>
> As you can see, at least from Igalia, we've been
> doing some contributions to improve MathML and we could do even more if
> we've a stronger support.

As usual, Igalia saves the day. Sincere thanks for the good work you're putting into improving things all over the web platform.

It seems to me that while this work will improve the quality of MathML implementations, but it is not clear to me that it fundamentally changes the situation for the MQ specifically, as the mail argument against it was not the lack of (good) implementations.

 - Florian