Re: JS - inside or out?

On Wed, Nov 16, 2016 at 8:32 PM, Leonard Rosenthol <lrosenth@adobe.com>
wrote:

> Well, lack of support for ANY JS in a WP would make them quite limited in
> capabilities  (see various UCR use cases for examples) – so I hope that
> wasn’t really what you meant…

Indeed -- not was I was saying.  Just want to avoid any *requirements* that
the rendering JS be included with the publication -- should be able to have
a very simple publication that's rendered completely independently of
content.

> I think that whether we will even have a definition of an RS – or simply
> have standard OWP UA’s – is going to be quite the conversation.   However,
> regardless of that, I think it is very important that we enable
> publications to provide their own layout and/or pagination engine (such as
> Florian’s Vivliostyle) instead of relying on whatever might exist in the
> RS/UA.

Hmmm... might argue some of that (content versus Reading System)... but,
yes, for discussion!  :-)

Best,
   Garth

Leonard